Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Self-Centred Reincarnation

An interesting thought to me is that I cannot prove that anyone else is really conscious. As far as I know, I may be the only one that is self-aware, and others only appear to be self-aware but are actually just responding automatically from external stimulus. What if I am the only one that has a consciousness? Now, what if we extend this idea to reincarnation? Many people believe in reincarnation. I can't say if I believe in it or not, since as of now it cannot be proved or disproved. The interesting thought is, what if reincarnation is real? And if reincarnation already displaces you in space, is it not inconceivable that it also displaces you in time? What if every life form in the world is me, just in a different life? I can definitely see myself living the life and acting in the same way of almost everyone else I have met. So if I love another or hurt another, I am really just doing those things to me. In this way, consciousness really becomes something special, and maybe each consciousness is enclosed in its own universe.

Anyway, just a crazy thought, but not crazier than reincarnation since we really can't explain, prove, or disprove of anything regarding consciousness and reincarnation yet.

No comments: